Right at Home Daily
- Plan to finish your outdoor maintenance before the summer ends. With trades people so busy, it could take months to get on your carpenter's, bricklayer's or painter's schedule.
- If you're looking for a different style of garden, consider an ecologically correct garden for your area. In the Midwest, you might try a "prairie-scape" if your house isn't too formal. If you live in the Southwest, you might want an arrangement of stones.
- Try decorating your door, or the front of your property, with a custom-designed address plaque in sold brass, bronze, copper or aluminum.
- Plan now (and schedule) for your fall and winter remodeling projects. Some projects to consider: adding a fireplace, updating your kitchen or bathrooms, or transforming a family room into a media room.
- Create tiebacks to give your curtains a new look and feel. Take a 3-inch wide strip of velvet or grosgrain ribbon in a color picked up from a favorite carpet or accent piece in the room. Use shears to trim the edges.