lcm-1863 on flickr
Right at Home Daily
This week's tips:
- Consider building a screened in gazebo to create an attractive dining space in the shade outdoors. This not only offers a dramatic mood for food, but will add gorgeous simplicity to your property.
- Consider adding an attached sun porch or greenhouse to grow fruits and vegetables year-round and to park the summer plants that are now proliferating in your yard. Prices on prefab sun porches or greenhouses will be more reasonable than having one constructed custom.
- Birdhouses add pizzazz and can be a conversation piece. They come in a range of styles and colors with patterns and special features. You might even find one that duplicates the style of your home.
- It's time to rip out overgrown shrubs and pull weeds to clean up the yard and make it more manicured.
- To get a better window on the world, why not change tiny square windows that look out onto your yard into something big, bold and smashing like Palladian windows - it'll also bring light into your home.