Right at Home Daily
This week's tips:
- To give a room a taller feeling, place matching tall plants in the corners and add a torchiere light behind a sofa or chairs for extra illumination.
- Buy a brass knocker for your front door. Consider having it monogrammed.
- Bring out your good china, glassware, silver and placemats, place them somewhere where they accessible so that once a month you can use them for dinner when you cook a special meal with a theme
- Turn an ugly old tub into a nicer combination tub-shower or just a glass-enclosed shower.
- Add an ethnic touch to your living room by displaying a handmade cloth as a throw.
- Place a small table or stand in your powder room and indulge your guests with pretty soaps, fabric hand towels, a vase for flowers, and some potpourri.
- Buy some extra hand fans in case your AC goes on the blink. If your area experiences brownouts or blackouts during the summer, make sure you have flashlights and new batteries around in easy to find (in the dark!) places.